Hunt for the Perfect Crib: Best Gray Cribs with Vintage Elegance
This is very exciting. I've been doing some online browsing for cribs and have compiled some of the top picks below. All of these cribs have a few things in common: 1.) They are all gray. 2.) They have a vibe of what I am calling "vintage elegance." 3.) They are all convertible. Meaning, they all have the ability to grow with baby. Some convert into toddler and daybeds and most also convert into a full-size bed when it is time for that. (Crazy!) 4.) This may be the best common factor - they are all under $400.00. Truth be told, my favorites are under $300.00 but I wanted to show you a range.
Something unique about our nursery project is that we will be creating baby's initial nursery in our master bedroom. Not everyone that follows me may realize that we live in a two-bedroom townhouse. That means we only have one extra bedroom and we have decided that it is more important to maintain our guest bedroom when the baby is a baby than to give him or her their own room. That said, I really want to create a special little space for the baby even though they won't have walls around it. I am really feeling a vintage elegance for the baby's space in our room. With that said, I am 100% set on a gray crib. Gender does not change that. Gray has this classy, old-world, regal quality yet I think it also has a modern feel that may translate for our child as he or she grows and the crib converts into a larger bed.
So without further ado, here are the contenders. You can click on any one of the photos and it will take you to the website where I found it.*
1. This first one has such a classic feel to it. The fabric ends are right on. It feels very "Upper East Side."
2. I just love the curves on this one. Simplistic but with a little flare.
3. The inlaid detail on the headboard of this one is just enough.
4. This one is a bit of a showstopper, in my opinion. I also love that the shade of gray is a bit darker. But these curves, really.
5. There is something about the rustic, yet regal, old-world quality of this one. It has a presence.
6. The curves and the keyholes in the headboard set this one apart.
7. This scalloped headboard with horizontal planks. Enough said.
8. This one has the perfect blend detail in the scalloped curves with horizontal planks on the headboard along with a bit of a modern feel with its clean lines in the front.
9. This one feels so fresh and understated yet it has such a delicate and detailed headboard.
10. This one is only an option if we have a girl because of the feminine detail on the headboard. But I mean, doesn't that feminine detail give you all the feels? So traditional and elegant.
11. Last but not least. This guy spoke to me with its curved body and inlaid detail on the headboard. It has a richness to it.
I would really love to hear your thoughts on these choices. George and I do have a few top, top contenders among these. I absolutely cannot wait to show you what we choose and how the nursery starts to come together. Thank you so much for stopping by, it really means a lot! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest. Until the next time!
*These are affiliate links and I receive a small commission if you make a purchase when you click through. But as always, all opinions are 100% mine.